Cardiology Update 2012 Sedona
August 2 -
2012 - Enchantment Resort, Sedona, AZ
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Apply guidelines to prevent and improve morbidity/mortality rates and reduce cost of care for patients with diabetes and heart disease
- Apply guidelines for preoperative evaluation of CV patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery
- Review indications, use, and limitations of advanced device therapy for CHF
- Apply current guidelines for anticoagulation in the treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Explain advances in the treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Evaluate application of guidelines for the prevention of cardiovascular (CV) disease
- Identify barrier-preventing application of CV guidelines.
- Examine appropriate criteria for cerebrovascular and coronary revascularization
- Analyze controversial topics in coronary intervention
- Understand the evaluation and treatment of aortic and mitral valve disease
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.