Challenges in Clinical Cardiology
September 14 -
2012 - Swissotel, Chicago, IL
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Summarize current treatment methods of acute ST and non-ST elevation myocardial infarction
- Describe how to identify and treat mechanical complications of acute myocardial infarction
- Describe current treatment of congestive heart failure and how to reduce recurrent hospitalization
- Identify how to select patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy who should undergo surgical myectomy
- Review current pharmacologic, non-pharmacologic and anticoagulation strategies in patients with atrial fibrillation
- Identify patients suitable for left ventricular assist device therapy
- Describe how to manage patients with recurrent syncope, frequent PVC's and inappropriate ICD shocks.
- Describe how to evaluate and manage patients with pulmonary hypertension
- Describe when to refer adult for ASD closure
- Describe when to refer a patient with abdominal aortic aneurysm for operation versus stent graft
- Apply guidelines for evaluation of patients undergoing non cardiac surgery
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.