Imaging Ventricular Function in Congenital and Acquired Heart Disease: From Doppler to Deformation
October 19 -
2012 - Marriott Hotel, Rochester, MN
Guest Course Directors:
- Mertens, Luc, M.D., Ph.D.
- Friedberg, Mark, M.D.
Upon completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the acquisition and analysis of tissue Doppler and deformation imaging parameters (strain, strain rate, rotation, torsion)
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of cardiac function and its assessment in the setting of congenital and acquired heart disease
- Interpret 2-D/Doppler/tissue Doppler/deformation imaging parameters in the setting of congenital and acquired heart disease
- Integrate these novel imaging parameters into appropriate clinical management strategies in patients with congenital and acquired heart disease
- Recognize important limitations of these novel echocardiographic parameters in applications to clinical patient management
- Use additional imaging tests more cost effectively
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.