Advanced Catheter Ablation Course: New Tips, Techniques and Technologies for Complex Arrhythmias
September 8 -
2012 - Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL
Guest Course Directors:
- Wilber, David, M.D.
- Stevenson, William G., M.D.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the mechanisms underlying cardiac arrhythmias amenable to ablation
- Distinguish both normal and abnormal cardiac anatomy and its role in the genesis of arrhythmias and ablations strategy
- Describe optimal mapping and ablation techniques for specific arrhythmias and clinical circumstances
- Discuss major risks associated with ablation
- Assess the value and limitations of high-end technology in the ablation process
- Identify the role for pre and intraprocedural imaging techniques to optimize outcomes and increase safety of ablation procedures
- Summarize the best energy source for specific cardiac arrhythmias and understand the underlying mechanisms of action
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.