TransFuse 2014: Transformative-Fusion of Innovative Patient Blood Management
March 26 -
2014 - JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort, Phoenix, AZ
Guest Course Directors:
- Chand, Bipan, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.A.S.M.B.S.
- Weiskopf, Richard, M.D.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Optimize blood transfusions in the hospitalized patient through appropriate use of guidelines and algorithms
- Demonstrate surgical haemostatic techniques with a unique hands-on approach on animal models
- Describe the adverse consequences of allogeneic transfusions and their effect on patient outcomes
- Explain the most recent evidence-based use of blood components therapy in hospitalized perioperative patients
- Discuss the most appropriate techniques for managing anemia in perioperative setting without blood transfusions
- Apply the concept of comprehensive blood management program for reducing the use of blood products in hospital practice
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.