Mayo Clinic Symposium on Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine
February 12 -
2014 - Westin Kierland Resort, Scottsdale AZ
- Brown, Daniel R., M.D., Ph.D.
- Brull, Sorin J., M.D.
- Hebl, James R., M.D.
- Jacob, Adam K., M.D.
- Ramakrishna, Harish, M.D.
- Review the management principles of obese parturients in labor and delivery
- Determine the association of labor epidural analgesia and maternal fever
- Discuss current pain management strategies for chronic pain patients
- Discuss the management of traumatic brain injury
- Examine the implications of diabetes mellitus on perioperative care
- Identify the optimal perioperative fluid management strategy
- Describe the role of pharmacogenetics in anesthesia practice
- Review the importance of outcome reporting and provider metrics in anesthesia care
- Examine current concepts in neuroanesthesia
- Compare the roles and limitations of commonly utilized vasoactive medications
- Discuss the practice of anesthetic care in the MRI suite
- Examine common clinical conundrums in regional anesthesia
- Review how to assess technology for care of the perioperative patient
- Review current concepts in management of the trauma patient
- Identify current trends in the perioperative anesthetic management of pediatric patients
- Discuss future trends in the provision of anesthetic care
- Compare risks and benefits of colloid and crystalloid fluid therapy
- Discuss the evaluation and management of pediatric shock
- Review management principles of difficult pediatric vascular access
- Identify current evidence-based treatments of common pain syndromes
- Examine the physiology of aging and its implications for anesthetic care
- Discuss the role of regional anesthesia in cancer-related outcomes
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.