My Must-do Anesthesiology Workshops
September 6 -
2013 - Simulation Center, Stabile North Building, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
Guest Course Director:
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the ultrasound anatomy of the normal heart with transthoracic echocardiography
- Identify four treatable causes of cardiac arrest applying the FEEL exam (focused echocardiographic evaluation in life support)
- Perform a percutaneous cricothyrotomy in a pig trachea simulating a scenario cannot be "ventilated or intubated"
- Apply the main methods of lung isolation for one-lung ventilation in a lung anatomy model
- Identify important anatomy in the neck with ultrasonography
- Perform the technique for cannulation of the internal jugular vein in a vascular anatomy model
- Recognize the ultrasound anatomy of the brachial plexus and femoral, saphenous and popliteal nerves
- Perform brachial plexus, femoral, saphenous and popliteal nerve block in regional anesthesia anatomy model
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.