Alice Mayo Society
Alice Mayo Society exists for the spouses and same-gender domestic partners of staff members at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. The group provides a community that facilitates social interaction and promotes a sense of connection.
Active members of Alice Mayo Society are benefits-eligible partners of consultants, voting administrative staff, senior associate consultants and associate consultants. Honorary members are spouses of emeritus staff.
Alice Mayo Society sponsors an Activities group and the Mayo Families' Connection, both of which provide additional opportunities for socializing and camaraderie; and venues for special interest groups. In addition, the Activities group produces "Happenings," monthly newsletter for Alice Mayo Society members.
The current leaders of Alice Mayo Society include:
- President: Mariana Iglesias
- Past president: Kami Misra
- Vice-president: Sonya Demirci
- Secretary: Denise Boorjian
- Treasurer: Missy Weingarten
- Activities Coordinator: Diana Robinson
- Communications Coordinator: David Rider
- Events Coordinator: Rebecca Nesse